Friday, April 6, 2012

Progress March 11-18

During this week I had many set backs. I discovered my fabric was on back order and did everything I could to stay on top of my work.Image 1: First I realized I needed to re-do my repeat for the next three inflatables. The issue was the original repeat design was too large to fit on the silk screen. I also wanted to re-do the design to make it more symmetrical. Before, the dots were not as organized and measured correctly.

While I was still waiting to receive the fabric, I printing out the dot design for the worms on vellum so it could be transferred onto a photo screen for printing. Using photo screen emulsion I prepped the screen for the fabric printing.



Image 2, 3, and 4: I also wanted to figure out what imagery I wanted to put on the 2nd inflatable that I needed to re-d0. The 2nd inflatable was created to represent the sky and mountains in colorado. I have been having a re-occuring dream where I snowboarding or in the mountains in colorado. One of the most memorable images from the dream was looking up at the sky and how deep blue the sky was with such brightly colored clouds there were when the sun set. I got a lot of inspiration from paper artist Bovey Lee. I took some of the images in her work and transported them into photoshop. After altering the images I printed them out so I could project them onto the fabric and draw them on with a pencil before painting them.

For lighting, I met with Jeff Alder who works at the Duderstadt to discuss different options for lighting my 5 different inflatables. We started an email thread with Mark Neilson and Peter who work together for the galleries. We discussed with them how much wattage I would be capable of using without have the art school's electricity go out!

Logged Hours:
-Monday: 3
-Tuesday: 6
-Wednesday: 2
-Thursday:6
-Friday:4
-Sunday: 6

Total Hours:28

No comments:

Post a Comment