Monday, April 9, 2012

Elyse Shapiro Studio Progress Mar 19-25

Studio Progress Update for Week of March 19th- 25th

This week in the studio, I spent the majority of my time developing the design and cutting the stencil for my third and final lighting fixture. This last stencil will display the skyline of downtown Detroit. The area is clean and beautiful so I cut it with extremely fine lined details. This first image is the stencil prior to being cut. I will cut the lighter area of the stencil and the darker part will serve as the vellum beneath the stencil cut.

The second image is of me, cutting the stencil in my studio. In addition, the dress I’m wearing is also of my own creation; the material was hand-printed and sewn using a personally customized pattern.

The next image is of the third stencil mid-cut. The stencil is cut entirely by hand using the print out on top of the black paper as a guide.

The final images are of the stencil once it has been completely cut. After many, many hours of work, the stencil is complete and ready to be applied to the vellum layer. This is the completion of my final stencil cut for my IP.



In-studio hours, week 7:

· Monday- Cut stencil 3 10AM-4PM (6 hours)

· Tuesday- Cut stencil 3 8:30AM- 4:30PM (8 hours)

· Wednesday- Cut stencil 3 4PM- 10PM (6 hours)

· Thursday- Cut stencil 3 1PM- 7 PM (6 hours)

· Friday- Finish cutting stencil 3 1 PM- 3 PM (2 hours)

· Total: 28 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment