Friday, April 20, 2012

Final Update: 3/18, 3/25, 4/1, 4/8, 4/15

3/18
The weekend before I was able to get in one more interview with John Johr in Chicago.  Not only did I get John Johr that weeknd, but the night before him I got the interview with Marco Bailey recorded as well in Detroit.  That entire week was spent up all nights editing the interview (creating a storyline from 30 minutes of footage down to 7 minutes, one of the most painful feats ever), gathering broll footage and images for it for two videos.  The goal was to have both of them finished before the final in class critique.





3/25
I continued working on editing the videos, but also I wanted to get started on the site to house them.  I made a very brief mock-up for the critique simply showing how the video would look on an expanded tab with large image background.  I put my time into researching what jquery effects i could employ for my site. 


4/1
Hardcore coding goin at work to make the background image stretch to window size, making sure all the navigation shows up on the image backgrounds, tabs expand to correct percentage size, content fades in and out on page load, music player getting towork, logo menu button to display menu on hover, and figuring how to do a horizontal div layout for the review section and jquery scrollbars.








4/8
Majority of the site structure had been completed, with navigation set, songs chosen and uploaded, background images put up, interviews as well.  YOS video saw a lot of changes with shorter time, more pertinent information, and more resources added to it.  In addition to re-editing, 





4/15
Work was being done until the last minute on the piece for installation.  For the actual gallery, I set up the monitor screen hooked up to laptop on a podium.  In order to catch passerby's attention, I printed and placed some of my best photos from the project on the wall along with the title and logo of my website.  I also experienced issues with the fact that I was supposed to originally was supposed to use a desktop computer however, they did not have a wireless card.  Overall, I encountered few issues setting up. On the website, I added a song page and added new photos I had happened to take the night before by chance, fixed the music player that was having issues just in time for the gallery opening. 



No comments:

Post a Comment