Monday, April 16, 2012

Final Update: 3/18, 3/25, 4/1, 4/8, 4/15

3/18: This week I created the mold necessary for my chaise lounge. I attempted to CNC route it however ended up having to hand cut it. I cut my material pinned it down and casted it. I also modeled my second piece of furniture- a stool. Lastly, I routed my second mold out of foam.


3/25: After casting my chair I realized there is stability issues. The material is not strong enough to hold a large person. In order address the stability issue I decided to fiberglass the back of the chair. I also decided to add ribs to ensure for stability. I continued to epoxy the chair from the front to be certain the chair would not collapse.


4/1: This week I worked on traditional woodworking. I used the Zund Knifecutter to create a templeate for my chair's legs. I sanded the legs and used danish oil. In addition I also attached the legs to the chair and added the steel for structural support.


4/8: This week I worked on my second piece. My stool. I casted it and assembled the plywood internal structure. I also polyed the plywood and spent time grinding down the edges of both concrete pieces.


4/15: The final week I added the last coats of danish oil/seal krete/and poly. I also cleaned off and sealed the steel. In addition I worked on my website and final thesis. Woohoo! DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment