Sunday, April 1, 2012

Finishing up

I'm done! ...I'm think... Now time to install.. ahhh


This past week I was able to buy new wood for the strips and threw a few coats of white on them! Also, the frame got all its coats of paint.

As for the backside of the mirrors, they're done as well. The double stick tape worked really well. I had a friend show me a technique to apply the mirrors. Here's the thing: the mirrors have this ripple effect due to the warping from the spray - but what's interesting is that you still can see your reflection but there's different kind of distortion in each one. And the good thing is the idea of a distorted portrait is in line with the rest of my thesis's concept.


Here are some pics:


I bought some 6 1x2 strips of pine at Fingerle. They came out to about $13. Not bad! When I was there I was also able to purchase more E-Z anchors and other hardware. I got a magnetic studfinder for $1.99!




My group purchased some neutral frames from Ikea for our prints. I'm using this framed print to advertise the other editioned prints for sale.



I got this portfolio book to display some of my graphite drawings I've done this year. I only have 4 drawings in there so far but I'm going to make more in the next 2 weeks. I also might print out my thesis and throw it in here. Maybe some in progress photos too.

Hours? A lot.
Tears? I cried, I mean sobbed, at least 4 times...

This week:
- finalize revisions for my thesis (its nice to live with English majors)
- do some portrait drawings
- work on Professional packet.
- Tuesday and Thursday I am going to install the piece into the Ann Arbor Art Center. I met with Doug over the weekend and we have a good game plan. I'm excited to finally get into the gallery!

No comments:

Post a Comment